How to succeed as a Product Owner - The Product Owner Toolkit
2019-01-23 09:00 to2019-01-23 17:00(Europe/Tallinn)
Vasco Duarte is an Agile Coach with a long experience in Agile adoption and software product development. He's worked for companies of all sizes in the product development business. He is also a regular speaker at Agile conferences all over Europe.
Product Owners face increasing challenges. Many companies future depends on the quality of the work of Product Owners. Product Owners act as market specialists (often paired with Product Managers), as translators that bring the understanding to the teams and as innovation catalysts. Those are just some of the responsibilities that Product Owners face on a daily basis. In this full-day workshop we will review some tools to cover each of those responsibilities. These tools will focus on:
• Product Owner self-assessment as a tool for continuous improvement
• Understanding the market from your customers point of view (Lean Startup, Jobs to be done and Vision are some of the topics we cover)
• Helping teams focus on high-value work (Flexible requirements management framework, stories as inventory, helping R&D speed up)
• How to measure product success: Metrics that actually help Product Owners make decisions.
In this workshop we will cover several topics with hands-on exercises. The participants will get a set of thinking and practical tools that they can apply in their work immediately after the workshop. Participants will be able to:
• Define what is the most valuable work for their products and their teams • Measure product success in a manner that facilitates decision making
• Use specific tools to discover and manage product scope
• Apply a self-assessment tool that fosters personal growth by focusing on certain key knowledge areas.
Leaders of product organizations
VVasco Duarte is an Agile Coach with a long experience in Agile adoption and software product development.
Vasco has been an Agile practitioner since 2004, he is one of the leaders and catalysts of Agile methods and Agile culture adoption at Avira and at Nokia and F-Secure.
Having worked in the software industry since 1997 he's worked for companies of all sizes in the product development business. He is also a regular speaker at Agile conferences all over Europe.
You can find him on twitter: @duarte_vasco or read his latest contributions at: http://softwaredevelopmenttoday.blogspot.com