New Online Course! Certified Agile Leadership - Teams (CAL-T)
2020-12-03 13:30 to2020-12-04 17:30(Europe/Tallinn)
The goal of this course is to create awareness about the changing dynamics in today’s world of work and equip leaders with the practices they need to effectively lead their teams.
The goal of this course is to create awareness about the changing dynamics in today’s world of work and equip leaders with the practices they need to effectively lead their teams. Agile teams require an alternative to the traditional leadership approaches of the past in order to achieve better outcomes and thrive in this VUCA world (as learned in the CAL-Essentials module).
This course will help participants understand how their natural dispositions might affect their team and how to influence the workplace empowering teams to thrive. Leaders will learn how to create a safe-to-fail environment while fostering a culture of transparency, inspection and adaptation to allow for experimentation and continuous learning within their teams.
The workshop focuses on three important dimensions WHY, HOW and WHAT which help pave the foundation for Agile Leadership.
WHY - Discovering new approaches to leading teams in an increasingly complex, unpredictable and volatile world.
· What are some challenges that traditional team leaders are facing in today’s volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous (VUCA) world and why a new leadership approach is needed to guide teams toward better outcomes?
· What are some advantages of cross-functional teams?
· How can our behaviors influence the way a team operates and organizes work?
· What is the importance of coherence between our values and behaviors?
· How does the culture of an organization impact team effectiveness?
· What can we do in real scenarios to help foster a culture that values transparency, inspection, and adaptation?
WHAT - Creating an engaging organizational culture is key to better business outcomes and through servant leadership, leaders can help influence and encourage their teams to work collaboratively and cross- functionally.
· What are some key characteristics of a high-performing team and how those related to an agile mindset?
· What are some key factors to increase the level of employee engagement, and how that relates to team performance?
· How can servant leadership and related key practices influence and enable teams?
· How can organization culture support shared accountability at the team level?
· What can you do to grow your teams and grow them individually as a member of the team?
How to help teams become high-performing
· What can we do to support members of their team grow professionally?
· What are some common challenges and barriers to becoming a high performing team and how can we help teams overcome those challenges?
· How can we help a team align their values and goals with those of the organization?
· What can we learn from a case study about a high performing team?
How to support collaboration across multiple teams?
· What are some key challenges an organization might face when undertaking an agile approach beyond a single team?
· What are some different patterns that can help increase trust and collaboration among multiple teams?
· What are some team metrics to help evaluate alignment with an agile mindset and how can they impact behaviors and results across teams?
· What are some key takeaway messages from real life case study about multiple agile teams working together?
How to influence agile teams effectively as a leader
· What is the relationship between coaching and influencing vs. consulting and advising?
· How to balance your skills between coaching and influencing vs. consulting and advising for effective team growth?
· What are some coaching competencies and how can they be used to support growth?
· What are some key differences among Coaching, Consulting, Mentoring, Training, and Facilitation?
· How do you decide which stance is the most appropriate given a situation?
· What are some techniques that can help individuals recognize areas of weakness and create positive change for themselves?
· What are some key team coaching techniques that can help team grow towards high performing and self-organizing?
· How can we work with some approaches to influence upwards in your organization and how can this impact team performance?
CAL participants vary by professional background and work experience. The common thread is their desire to enhance their workplaces (and their clients’ workplaces) with agile values, practices, and metrics. This program is for anyone leading or participating in an agile transformation.
- Coach / Consultant. Your challenge is to help clients navigate an agile transformation with a focus on the people and mindsets necessary to shift the culture. A CAL certification provides you the tools to help enact change, and distinguishes you in the field as someone who has acquired the defined knowledge of an agile leader.
- ScrumMaster. Your challenge is to work with teams and managers, and certified agile leadership (Essential, Teams and Organizatios) all help give different dimensions of insights for you to help you, your teams and your organizations navigate an agile transformation with a focus on the people and mindsets necessary to shift the culture, to truly facilitate your teams and organization's continuous improvement journey.
- Product Owner. To build a fantastic product and continuously innovate on product and business models, one of your challenges may be working with organizational culture, structure. You want to actively engage teams and build great products with fully motivated and talented teams.
- Manager. One of your challenges may be overcoming internal resistance to organization-wide agility. Certified Agile Leadership gives you practical tools to bolster your shift from agile practitioner to agile leader, and helps you nurture yourself and senior management champions to solidify your efforts.
- Executive. Finding the time to nurture your own agility and discovering a meaningful role to play in an agile transformation is challenging. You desire to be more than just someone who authorizes hiring a consultant or coach. Certified Agile Leadership certification can quickly accelerate your learning curve and show you the active role you could play in a sustainable agile transformation. You’ll also discover a personal transformation as you learn about your own internal leadership development.
- The Leader in You… In All of Us. Finding out more about your personal leadership style can enlighten you and help you be more empathetic to everyone you encounter. This program can enhance both your career and your personal life.
CAL-Essential (CAL-E) is the pre-requisite to CAL-Team and CAL-Organization.
CAL-E + CAL-T + CAL-O together will help advance your self-development and skills to best work with self, individual, teams and organization in the Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous (VUCA) world.
We welcome you to register to the package of CAL-E, CAL-T and CAL-O.
Evelyn Tian is a professional Lean and Agile Coach and Trainer. Meet Evelyn Tian, your Certified Agile Leadership Educator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ocVRHilVE&feature=emb_title
She previously was the Lean and Agile Head Coach of Ericsson and headed the Ericsson Global Transformation Support Center. She has been passionately working with Lean and Agile transformations since 2009 and she has grown internal coaching capabilities to support different organizations. She designed her own Agile Leadership course in 2011, which has been delivered to over 1000 leaders. She has also developed her own Agile Coaching course, with more than 30 classes of graduates. She also offers virtual coaching sessions with participants from over 31 different countries.
Evelyn’s focus is on organization transformational strategy, continuous improvement and enhancing the art and science of crafting products and service delivery. Evelyn has built a lengthy track record and gathered deep insights in coaching organization transformation, agile leadership, and teams to reach their potential.
She has over 20 years of product development experience in telecom products, automotive industry, financial sectors and e-commerce products.
With backgrounds in both E.E. and C.S., she has furthered her education in EMBA, psychology, and professional coaching as well. Evelyn is widely involved in the following external communities:
• Advisory Board Member of IEEE Software;
• speaks at and chairs conferences on Lean, Agile and product development;
• teaches at universities on Software Engineering;
• publishes and translates books and papers on Agile, Scrum, and Change Management;
As a CST, I am open to co-training requests;
As a coach, I offer online coaching sessions to those who are interested in improving coaching skills and grow themselves into a certified coach.
- 2017-03-15 - Present Evelyn Konsult AB (Coach and Trainer)
- 2015-11-02 - 2017-03-14 Ericsson Communications (Head of Global Transformation Support Center)
- 2009-08-24 - 2017-03-14 Ericsson Communications (Lean and Agile Head Coach)
- 1996-07-08 - 2009-08-21 Ericsson Communications (Various roles from integrator, designer, system architect, project lead, and product manager)